MachX - Co-op multiplayer combat racing game
MachX is a Multiplayer Combat Racing game made by a team of 5 VFS students using Unreal Engine 4. In this game two players team up to control one vehicle, one player shoots the other drives. Wipeout meets Mario Kart: Double Dash.
Being a multiplayer game this project offered some tough challenges on multiple fronts. On the programming side having a physics based vehicle simulation with multiple player controlled passengers being the biggest one.
- General architecture
- Multiplayer lobby
- Hover vehicle driving physics
- Spline based level actor with customizable speed strips
- Racing multiplayer game mode
- Some VFX material and particle work
- Worked closely with team members from other disciplines